Inspired by...

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spirit Week Aftermath

Suffice it to say that last week (spirit week - like Homecoming but during the spring and minus the football) left a mark, one from which I am still recovering.  Work for the past few days looked like this:

Friday, 3/25:  5:15 - 3:00
Saturday, 3/26:  Nothing!  Took a day off.
Sunday, 3/27:  11:00 - 3:30, 8:00 - 9:00
Monday, 3/28:  5:45 - 2:30
Tuesday, 3/29: 5:45 - 2:15, 4:00 -8:00

Spent:  A total of $48 on cookie fundraisers, car wash fundraisers, and a copy of Mao's Little Red Book (the honors kids specifically requested this last one).

I am also anticipating an orgy or spending over the next couple of weeks.  My work computer has become virtually useless and actually detracts from any learning that occurs in the classroom, and I've talked myself into attempting to build my own computer to use at work (and at home during the summer).   At this point, I have a build priced at around $400-ish.  My estimate is that it will be 75% used for school, and 25% used for home (read:  World of Warcraft...I may or may not be splurging on an awesome graphics card to make up for the fact that my MBP card is not upgrade-able).  Additionally, last week I officially ran out of copies and am coming to terms with the possibility (read:  likelihood) that someone at school somehow got my copy code and raped it.  I had over 9,000 copies in early February and was down to 0 by one week ago, and there's no way that I made all those copies.  I have no self-control when it comes to many things, but copies are not on that list.  Wine and cookie fundraisers, sure.  But not copies.

No comments:

Post a Comment