Inspired by...

Monday, March 14, 2011

Friday, March 11 2011

Worked:  5:30 - 3:00
Spent:  Nada!

The highlight of my day was a 5:14 am voicemail I received from my overworked student teacher.  It went a something like this:  "I don't know if you've heard or not, but there was a huge earthquake in Japan...I heard they're evacuating the Bay Area and that many areas are under a tsunami warning...I was just, um, wondering if maybe school was canceled? [insert tinge of hope mingled delusion here]."  I couldn't help but to giggle as I informed her that no, school was not cancelled, but that I find myself hoping for a school-closing natural disaster that kills no humans and/or animals on a semi-regular basis.  When you spend the majority of your waking hours with high schoolers, I suppose something's bound to rub off.

No comments:

Post a Comment